Monday, May 10, 2010

Marina Hardy Case #1 page 3

Early the next morning, Marina ran down the stairs and was headed for the door, when her mother stopped her. “And just where are you headed off to?” She asked. “Well I was going to meet up with some friends…” “Not till that garage is spotless.” “But moooooom!” She protested. “Get going.” Her mom replied. On the way outside, her brother stopped her. “Hey Marina, you go do what you need to do, and I’ll cover for you. I don’t mind cleaning the garage.” “Oh, thanks a million, Kyle!” She said ecstatically. “I owe you one.”

“So, why’d you call us here?” Link asked when Marina and her friends were all together in the park. “I found Thompson’s hideout, but the other agents don’t believe me, so I propose we go on a stakeout on our own.” “That sounds like it could be dangerous.” Sara said. “Yah Marina…” Zelda said worriedly. “Won’t you get in trouble for that?” “Guys, this is more important than rules or safety.” Marina said firmly. “I have to do this. Now, who’s with me?” Slowly, Brandon raised his hand, followed by the others. Marina smiled. “Thanks, guys. You’re the best.”

All that afternoon, the five friends got ready for the big night by training and packing supplies. After Marina told her parents she was having a sleepover, everything was ready. “So here’s the plan…” Marina told the others as they walked to the place where they would be camping. “We’ll each take turns keeping watch through my heat-sensor binoculars in half-hour shifts. I’ll take the first watch.” Once in the woods, they set up a tent for Link and Brandon, and another for the girls. Marina kept here eyes diligently peeled for any sign of Tim or his men. The hours seemed to drag by as it got darker and darker, and each person had taken at least one shift; still with no sign of anyone. Marina sighed as she handed Link the binoculars. "Maybe this was a dumb idea." She said. "No, wait..." Said Link suddenly. "I... I see someone! Come look." "Oh my gosh..." She whispered as she peered through the lenses. "That's Tim himself; I'm going after him!" And with that, she scrambled to her feet and ran towards the warehouse.

1 comment: