Saturday, May 1, 2010

Marina Hardy Case #1, page 2

Marina burst through the door, breathless. “Marina!” Zelda exclaimed as she set down the romance novel she’d been reading. “What’s wrong?” “On my way home when I was walking through the woods, I spotted this guy, and he looked suspicious, so I followed him, and I found the building where the guy we’re after and lots of his workers are operating their evil plan, and I need to use your phone so I can call headquarters and tell them where to find him!” She said all in one breath. Zelda smiled and handed her the cordless phone. “Commander James?” She said into the phone. “This is Marina. I found this underground factory, and I think I might have seen Tim there! You should send the crew over to check it out immediately.” “Marina…” The Commander replied. “I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I highly doubt it was the man we’re after.” He gave a little laugh. “But…” Marina protested. “Now go get some rest; it’s late.” He said. “Commander! I-” But before she could finish, she heard a click. He had hung up. Marina sighed as she set the phone down and walked towards the door. “Bye Zelda.” She mumbled.
Marina was feeling very depressed as she trudged down the sidewalk.
“Commander James thinks he knows everything.” She thought to herself.
“I should just go straight to the Captain.” But who was she kidding; he was too important of a man to listen to a mere lieutenant. Not even the commanders had ever gotten to see him, let alone those in lower ranks. No one even knew his name. “Where have you been all night, young lady?” Marina’s mother asked as soon as she walked in. “Do you know what time it is?” “Oh sorry… I was um, at Zelda’s house.” “This is the third time this month you’ve been out past curfew. As punishment, you have to clean the entire garage tomorrow. Now, off to bed.” Her dad said. Marina scowled as she went up to her room. That wasn’t fair! All those times, she’d been on important training missions. “It’s no thanks to them the world isn’t controlled by bad guys!” As she lay in bed awake, she couldn’t get her mind off the events of that day. “I HAVE to catch him!” She thought. “And I WILL! No matter what…”

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! But why was Zellie reading a romance novel? Ha ha hopefully it wasn't one of those with the "devilishly" handsome dude with hair down to his butt, sitting on a beach, his hair blowing in the breeze...XD Ha ha Zelda does read romance novels, the good pure ones about real love, not infatuation. Zelda is a classy lady. ^.^

    Sorry about that long random-ness, I don't know what came over me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ok Z she can be reading whatever kind of romance book you want! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a good Hylian romance novel is entitled "Love's Journey".

    ReplyDelete